Wednesday 2 September 2009

Escalating, Really

Despite the opinions of at least one TVL manager, my complaint gets escalated through the system when I decide. So my next letter is simply another attempt to escalate.




Nothing new here


Shortly after this was sent, I received the expected NSA1. Although this is the letter TVL routinely sends out before one of their declared visits, I don't see what legitimate purpose it serves. It doesn't contain any of the information I might want when I find the man from TVL on my doorstep: my right to simply tell them to go away, my right to silence, or the complexities of what PACE requires from an interview. Funnily enough, although there's no room for any of that, there is room for the same tired old stuff about £1,000 fines and all the ways to buy that TV license I don't need. In the absence of a better explanation, I can only imagine it's another attempt to ramp up the pressure on me.




The jolly old NSA1


The NSA1 arrived before TVL had digested and decided upon my second attempt to escalate. I will record their response to that next.

No comments: