Sunday 5 July 2009

And The Answer Is...

On their website, TV Licensing state 'We aim to fully respond to 99.9% of complaints within eight working days'. Well, here is the letter that I received within the specified timescale.



A 'Full' Response From TV Licensing


I am not going to detail my criticism of their letter in this post: that will be contained within my letter replying to it. But I can't refrain from saying how unhappy I am. I complained about harassment that took place over a lengthy period of time, not about a single letter. It must be very easy to 'fully respond' to a complaint if you can ignore its contents and, instead, respond to a complaint that is easier to handle.

2 comments:

Gregor said...

Interesting blog. What i want to know is why is having a TV License is legal thing? i know it's written and passed in the UK Laws, but why? I just bought a new TV and all i can get with my dodgy indoor aerial is dodgy fluffy broadcasts of BBC1, BBC2 and S4C (C4 in Welsh!). I asked the licensing guys to sell the idea of a license to me! ie, why should i buy from them? they didnt know, except it's legal for me to do so!

I hope you get them off your backs - not likely, but keep going.

Andy Mitchell said...

At this stage I don't think it's anything more than a historical anomaly, it started back in the 20s with a License required for radios. It was intended to provide a service of guaranteed quality and impartiality (the so-called Reithian values).