Friday 15 May 2009

A Regional Officer Visits

My Mum is in her late seventies now and I look in on her most days. When I'm at her house I get to see glimpses of the TV she is watching. The latest thing is a programme where they open boxes in a random order. And that's about it: that's the show, and it's night after night, just in case you hadn't seen enough of it after two minutes like I had. My Mum's not a fan either: she struggles to find things she wants to watch. But at her age a night on the town isn't an alternative.


Well, let us step back to the heady days of November 2006 and see what happened with TV Licensing then. I have a surprise for you all. TV Licensing were all out of regional officers, unless perhaps they come in brown paper envelopes and can pass through my letterbox. Here's what arrived instead. Lets assume that it isn't a regional officer in some fiendish disguise, its just another of those letters from TV Licensing




The Enforcement Division Strikes Back


So what happened? TV Licensing said nothing about continuing to badger me with these letters. Surely this doesn't constitute the investigation by their 'Enforcement Division' that they referred to? To me this seems to be nothing more than continued harassment via the post. Only now its John Robinson of the Birmingham Enforcement Division, rather than Suzanne Avent of Customer Services, who is sending me letters I would much rather not be receiving.


The good news here is it won't be long before the matter will be resolved. The letter tells me that the Enforcement Officers have been authorised to visit me. Thank heavens, the anxious waiting will soon be over. In my next post we will see what happened when those 'Enforcement Officers' visited - presumably with authorisation at the ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! How incredibly INTERESTING!! I would've had NO CLUE this was going on had I NOT stumbled upon your blog..TV licensing..sound ALOT like BIGBRO at it's BEST!!!

* I like PINK ** !!

Merci',
t